1. No preparation needed in order to start with Encaustics. If you're looking to try encaustics or need a dependable, solid panel for your artwork, look no further.
2. Wide open to accept any type of ground: glue size, acrylic gesso, and oil-based or alkyd primeres. Raw wood panels should be sealed first, however, before applying any ground to preevent support induced discoloration.
3. Free of seams, large knots and raised fibers. Each panel is selected from the finest premium basswood.
4. Smooth finish with limited wood grain, sanded to perfection.
5. Available in sizes up to 18" x 24" and in two profiles 7/8 in and 1.5 in.
6. Great for mounting canvas, paper, giclees. The smooth finish is perfect for mounting other art, prints or canvas and readily accepts most adhesives.
7. Ideal for intricate wood engraving, mixed media, painting, altered art and more.
8. Superior dimension stability sturdy 4 mm plywood with solid pine cradles outperforms all other brands of plywood panel.
9. Easy to hang and frame! Attach hanging hardware and you're ready to go! For ideas on how to treat the edes of the cradle, consult this article on hanging and framing.
10. Like all Ampersand products, the Unprimed Basswood is fully tested for durability and also for best performance with artists' paints.
All things Ampersand,
Artist & Social Media Specialist
Ampersand Art Supply
Click here to explore the full selection of Ampersand panels and tools.