- Colors retain their purity and vibrancy in a way that even the finest of watercolor papers can never match.
- This multimedia panel simulates the absorbency and texture of cold pressed watercolor paper, but allows color to be lifted back to white easily.
- It is perfect for watercolors and gouache, but is also ideal for casein and acrylics.
- Will not tear, shrink or buckle even under heavy water application.
- For best results, it’s a good idea to first “flush out” the surface of the panel with water using a large flat watercolor brush to release trapped air. Once the surface is slightly damp, it is ready to use. Rewetting may be needed as you work. Note that heavy water applications may release more air. Use a blow dryer to dry and also to dissipate air if needed.
- Seal finished watercolors or gouache with several light coats of spray varnish (or fixative). We recommend the Krylon UV Archival Varnishes.
- For additional protection against scratches during transport and also ultraviolet light, follow the application of Krylon® spray varnish with Golden® MSA UVLS or Golden® Polymer UVLS varnish. About 4 coats brushed-on, provides a very durable archival finish and is also removable for conservation purposes.
- Aquabord is available in a 1/8in flat panel for standard framing behind glass and in a 7/8in, 1.5in or 2in cradle for either frameless presentation or for use with floater frames.
- As with all of our Museum Series, Aquabord is archival, eco-friendly and made in the USA.
|watercolor on Aquabord by Karen Vernon|
All things Ampersand,
Artist & Social Media Specialist
Ampersand Art Supply
Click here to explore the full selection of Ampersand panels and tools.